Wednesday, June 30, 2010

So Much on my Mind

I have been wanting to blog for quite a while but havent found the time, until now. So i have lots of things running around in my head that i want to get out.

The thing about being self sufficient is growing or making your own produce so with this in mind and the fatc that i work on a dairy farm, i have been making my own butter. Actually the Gourmet Farmer inspired me. I have been using my Breville Wizz Mix to make it and its been turning out very well. First lot was eaten on scones, so what can l cook for the next lot to consumed with? I have kept the buttermilk from the latest batch of butter so maybe it will be more scones made with buttermilk. I would also like to have a go at making cheese but of course i cant find my cheese making book. packed in storage i think.

We have a Stanley Errigal wood stove on order which i cant wait to see and cook in. Bread will be on the menu for sure. I just have to learn how to make it!!

Another thing ( or things) that will arrive in the near future is a couple of piglets to fatten and of course will end up in the freezer or as ham. I have never kept pigs before so i think i will have alot to learn. I like the idea of making our own ham or bacon. I hate to think that we are eating in the stuff bought from the supermarket. I like to know what im eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment